What We Stand For
To support and elect progressive Democratic candidates and issues, promote and foster an activist grassroots base, and to promote progressive values and principles in San Luis Obispo County.
The purpose of this club is to:
- Stimulate active interest in progressive issues, including, but not limited to:
- “Single Payer” Medicare-for-All Healthcare
- Campaign Finance Reform including Overturning Citizens United
- Open Primaries
- Tuition-Free Public College and University
- Bold Climate Change Action, including but not limited to:
- A Ban on Fracking and Offshore Oil Drilling
- Opposition to the Trans Pacific Partnership and other free trade deals deemed detrimental to American workers by PSLO.
- Support of Labor Unions
- Address racial, gender, and economic justice issues.
- Elect progressive Democratic candidates who reflect progressive values.
- Provide a constructive role for volunteers in Democratic politics.
- Register Democratic voters.
- Raise money.
- Perform other duties and services as will benefit the Democratic Party and of San Luis Obispo County.
Operational Groups are permanent groups that keep the club running smoothly. They also provide support to Working Groups.
Working Groups focus on issues and specific goals, which may be temporary.